Mobile Banking FAQs
Find the answers to everything you need to know about Mobile Banking.
Registration and General FAQs
[ + ] How do I access Tech CU Mobile?
Simply enter the Tech CU Mobile URL - https://m.techcu.com/ - into the browser of your Internet-enabled smartphone. An Online Banking username and password is required to access Tech CU Mobile. If you aren't already a registered user of Online Banking, you can register here.
When accessing Tech CU Mobile for the first time, a one-time PIN will be issued as an additional security measure and will be sent to the email you have on file with us. To complete registration, you will need to append the one-time PIN received via email to complete verification and registration.
For a richer experience, you can also download our iPhone or Android native mobile applications by clicking on the "download" link presented at the bottom of the login page or by visiting the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace directly.
[ + ] What services are available for Tech CU Mobile?
Tech CU Mobile allows you the ability to view account balances, view transaction history, transfer funds, pay bills through Bill Pay, view account transaction history graphs, find Surcharge-Free ATMs, Tech CU Branch Locations, Deposit Taking ATMs, and CU Service Centers and view secure messages.
[ + ] What do I need to enroll for Tech CU Mobile?
To enroll in Tech CU Mobile, you must be registered with an Online Banking username and password. If you aren't already a registered user of Online Banking, you can register here.
[ + ] Is Tech CU Mobile free?
Yes. Tech CU Mobile is a free service; however, you may incur additional charges from your cellular carrier and depending on which mobile application you use, your carrier may charge you for SMS text messaging or data services. Check with your individual carrier for details.
[ + ] Is Tech CU Mobile secure?
Yes. Tech CU Mobile Banking is encrypted using the Wireless Transport Layer Security (WTLS) protocol, which provides the highest level of security available today. Additionally, all data is encrypted by industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption preventing cell phone "scanning" or other attempts to eaves-drop on a transmission. No account information is stored on your phone and account numbers are masked. Both our WAP and downloadable native applications for the iPhone and Android have been certified appSecure by viaForensics (reference link to certification page - might also need to state the date of secured).
[ + ] What is my session length when logged into Tech CU Mobile?
Your session will remain active as you use Tech CU Mobile, however you will be logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity.
[ + ] Is there a limit of mobile devices I can use to access Tech CU Mobile?
Yes, currently up to 10 mobile devices can be registered with Tech CU Mobile.
[ + ] How do I report problems I encounter when using Tech CU Mobile?
Please contact a Tech CU Member Services Representative by sending a secure email message through Online Banking, calling us at 800-553-0880 or by visiting a Tech CU Financial Center. You can also send secure messages and feedback by clicking on the message tab within the Android, iPhone and iPad apps.
[ + ] What happens if I lose my mobile device? How can I be sure my account information is secure if someone steals my phone?
Immediately contact your mobile carrier if your phone is lost or stolen and they will suspend your service. A valid Online Banking username and password is required to access information. It is advised that you should not store passwords, account numbers or PINs on your mobile device.
[ + ] Within which countries can I download Tech CU Mobile apps using the Android Marketplace?
Currently the list of countries in which the Tech CU Mobile applications are offered from within the Android Marketplace include:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, HONG KONG, INDIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THAILAND, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES
[ + ] Within which countries can I download Tech CU Mobile apps using the Apple App Store?
Currently the list of countries in which the Tech CU Mobile applications are offered from within the Apple App Store include:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA, CHILE, CHINA, COSTA RICA, DENMARK, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, FIJI, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, HONG KONG, INDIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, REPUBLIC OF KOREA, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THAILAND, TURKEY, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES, VENEZUELA
[ + ] What are some tips to keep my Mobile Banking experience safe?
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile phone when they are made available by Apple (for iPhones/iPad/iPod Touch) or Android for all other smart phones running the Android OS. These updates are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
- Do not "jailbreak" or modify your mobile device as this may disable important security features.
- For mobile devices using the Android Operating System, do not enable Android's "install from unknown sources" feature.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an active Mobile Banking session.
- Always remember to log off properly using the "Sign Off" button when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent Mobile Banking apps.
- Do not add your login credentials to the memo pad or voice record them on your mobile device, as this information could then be obtained by others if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Password protect your mobile device if possible.
[ + ] What is Tech CU Mobile Deposit?
[ + ] What are the benefits of using Tech CU Mobile Deposit?
- Fast, easy and convenient: Deposit checks anytime, anywhere, - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Safe and secure: Tested and certified APPSECURE by viaForensics, a leading mobile forensics and security firm.
- Unlimited number of deposits: Deposit multiple checks per day; $10,000 daily mobile monetary limit.
- Simple: Check images available for 90 days.
[ + ] How do I make my first Tech CU Mobile Deposit?
- Download and register the Tech CU Mobile application for your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® or Android® device.
- Log into the Tech CU Mobile application and select the "Make Deposit" button from the Main Menu.
- Endorse back of check.
- Select the account into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter the amount of your check.
- Capture pictures of the front and back of your check. Remember all four corners must be viewable. Click submit.
[ + ] What are the eligibility requirements for using Tech CU Mobile Deposit?
[ + ] How will I know when my check has been posted?
You will receive an onscreen confirmation indicating that the deposit was completed successfully. Checks deposited during non-business hours will be posted the next day by 9:00 am Pacific Time.
Submitted deposits are subject to review before they are considered final. The first $225 is available immediately.
You can also check your Tech CU Mobile Deposit transaction history and check images directly from the mobile banking application. Please see Tech CU's Funds Availability Policy (PDF)Opens a new window for more information about deposits.
[ + ] Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your deposit to be rejected:
- You may have forgotten to endorse your check. Sign it and try again.
- The numbers on the bottom of the check are not visible
- The four corners of the check are not visible
- Poor or bad lighting affected the captured check image
- The amount of the check you entered does not match the amount the app read from the picture of the check
- If you experience any technical difficulties, please contact our Member Contact Center during normal business hours at (408) 451-9111 or (800) 553-0880
[ + ] How long should I retain the original check?
Tech CU recommends that you retain a deposited check for 60 days. After this time, you can destroy or shred it.
[ + ] How do I enroll in Text Banking?
Simply login to Online Banking , select "Text Banking" (top menu bar) and add up to 3 mobile numbers.
You will receive a text notification from 86020 with a security code to complete enrollment. Enter in the security code to finish enrollment. You will receive a welcome text message with menu help commands.
[ + ] How do I "Deactivate" Text Banking?
Login to Online Banking, select "Text Banking" (top menu bar) and choose "Deactivate" from the "Enrolled Phones" section and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from service.
Alternatively, from your smartphone's Text messaging, send STOP to 86020 to unsubscribe from service.
[ + ] What menu options are available with Text Mobile Banking?
The following is a list of common Text commands:
- B to retrieve all account balances
- H to retrieve the four most recent transactions for all accounts
- H acct to retrieve the four most recent transactions for a specific account (e.g. H S0001)
- X to transfer money between your accounts (e.g., X S0000 S0011 100)
- HELP for information
- MENU to retrieve the list of available command options
- STOP to unsubscribe from text mobile banking
Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay
[ + ] Can I use my Tech CU Checkcard (debit card) with Apple Pay™, Android Pay and Samsung Pay?
Yes, you can use your Tech CU credit and debit cards with all three options: Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay. Pay for daily expenses while keeping your financial information safer than ever.
[ + ] When will completed transactions display in Passbook under "Last Transaction"?
Visa plans to make "Last Transaction" history available to debit issuers mid-April 2015.