Privacy of Member and Former Member Information
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What We Collect and Share
The type of personal information we collect and share depends on the product or service you have with us. This information may include:
- Your social security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
How We Collect and Share
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the table below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information, what Tech CU chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
When We Can Share Your Personal Information
||Does Tech CU share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes - such as processing your transactions, maintaining your account(s), responding to court orders and legal investigations, or reporting to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
|For our affiliates to market to you
|For non-affiliates to market to you
If you are a new member or other consumer, we can begin sharing your information 45 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our member or other consumer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
Questions? Call (800) 553-0880 or go to our homepage.
WHO WE ARE
Who is providing this notice?
WHAT WE DO
How does Tech CU protect my personal information?
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards, secure files and buildings, and staff training.
How does Tech CU collect personal information?
- We collect your personal information when you:
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
- We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, or other companies.
Why Can't I Limit All Sharing?
- Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
- State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more information on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
- Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Affiliates - Companies related by common ownership or control. These can be both financial and non-financial.
- We have only one affiliate, Tech Capital LLC, a financial company that provides asset-based financing to businesses, with which we share information.
Non-affiliates - Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- We share information with non-affiliates only for joint marketing and everyday business purposes, such as processing transactions, maintaining accounts, responding to court orders and legal investigations, or reporting to credit bureaus.
Joint Marketing - A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies and securities broker-dealers.
Other Important Information
California law allows you to opt out of information sharing with joint marketing partners. You may opt out by using one of the methods described in this notice. You will also receive, as required by California law, a separate "Important Privacy Choices for Consumers" notice and election form, and can opt out of information-sharing with joint marketing partners using that form.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES FOR CONSUMERS
You have the right to control whether we share some of your personal information. Please read the following information carefully before you make your choices below.
You have the following rights to restrict the sharing of personal and financial information with outside companies that we do business with. Nothing in this form prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. This includes sending you information about some other products or services.
Restrict information sharing with other companies we do business with to provide financial products and services. Unless you say "No," we may share personal and financial information about you with outside companies we contract with to provide financial products and services to you (called "joint marketing partners").
Time Sensitive Reply
You may make your privacy choice(s) at any time. Your choice(s) marked here will remain, unless you state otherwise. However, if we do not hear from you, we may share some of your information with other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services (joint marketing partners). If we receive contradictory instructions, for example on the federal opt-out form, or for the same account number from a joint account holder, we will implement the instructions most protective of your privacy.
Exercise Your Choice
To exercise your choice regarding the collecting and sharing of your information, do one of the following: