• Was your home, car, or solar panels damaged in the recent California Wildfires?

    The recent and devastating fires have been a strain on our members, communities and the state—compounding the stress we were already feeling from the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that you may have been impacted, and we want you to know that we are here for you.

    We can assist you with questions related to your home, auto, or solar loan; as well as with the reimbursement of ATM or NSF fees, or waiving the early withdrawal penalty on a Certificate of Deposit that has not yet reached its grace period. Please let us know how we can help.

    If you have a home, auto, or solar loan with us, here's what you should do:

    1. Contact your insurance provider: Explain your situation and the specific damage to your home, solar system, or car.
    2. File a claim: Your insurance provider will advise whether you can file a claim and how. (For disaster assistance, please continue reading below.)
    3. Contact Tech CU: If you have an auto, solar, or home loan with us, please call:
      • Home loan (first mortgage or home equity loan): (408) 437-3782 or (800) 553-0880 (Select Option 5 for directory, then Option 1 to enter extension 3782)
      • Solar or Auto loan: (408) 441-4797 or (800) 649-3721
      • Member Contact Center (for general questions or assistance with waiving or reimbursing fees): (800)-553-0880

    If you receive an insurance claim check: Please call us at the appropriate phone number above so we can discuss the type of claim and damage. For a home loan, Tech CU will need to work with you in the process of rebuilding or repairing your home.

    If you have a loan with Tech CU and you’re experiencing a financial hardship, we can help. Please call us at (800) 649-3721 for more information.

    If you have financial difficulties as a result of wildfire damage: Apply for a Personal Loan.

    At Tech CU, we know that unexpected and difficult events happen. When they do, we are here to help our members and our community.

    Additional Resources

    The below section contains resources that may help you under specific circumstances. Please note that the information shared is for informational purposes only and may not apply to your loan at Tech CU.

    If your home has been damaged or destroyed:

    Step 1: Call your insurance company to file a claim.

    Step 2: Apply for aid from government organizations. https://www.disasterassistance.gov/Opens a new window  

    Step 3: Alert your mortgage servicer. If you can’t make your payments, ask for payment adjustment options so you don’t fall behind and incur fees or face foreclosure.

    To seek help for making payments, go here: How to recover financially from a natural disasterOpens a new window

    If your finances have been affected by the disaster:

    Contact your insurance company to start the claims process if your home, car, or other property was damaged.

    Apply for assistance.

    • If you’re in a federally-declared disaster area, start by contacting FEMA, which provides assistance for various types of damage not covered by insurance. Apply quickly at www.DisasterAssistance.govOpens a new window. You may call (800) 621-3362 or (800) 462-7585 (TTY).
    • Even if you are not in a designated disaster area, contact yourstate emergency management

    Contact your mortgage loan servicerOpens a new window if you own your home.

    Contact your utility companies if you own or rent your home.

    • Call your utility companies and ask them to suspend your service.

    Contact your auto loan lender if you can’t pay your loan.

    • You are responsible for your loan payments even if your car is damaged, but there may be options to help youOpens a new window. Ask your lender if there is a hardship or forbearance program.

    Contact your credit cards and other lenders before your next payment is due.

    • Ask your creditor to waive interest and late fees or to stretch out or pause monthly payments. Inquire about disaster hardship or forbearance programs.

    Contact your student loan servicer for “disaster forbearance.”

    Take a look at your bills and set priorities.

    Keep an eye on your credit.

    More Useful Links:

    California Department of Insurance Wildfire Resources

    Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)

Give us a call

Give Us a Call

We look forward to chatting with you.

(800) 553-0880

For new loan related inquiries, call

(877) 988-0471

View Our Contact Info
Visit Us In Person

Visit Us in Person

We’re here to serve your needs in person at our San Jose Headquarters. Visit us at 2010 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95131.
Get Directions
More Information

Want More Info?

Interested in learning more about all we have to offer? Receive personal finance tips along with emails focused on key topics. You can even sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Request More Information