We are committed to maintaining your trust when it comes to privacy and security. If you download or have already downloaded and use the Tech CU Card Manager App, that app periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if you expressly authorize collection of such information. If you authorize collection, the information will be collected only by the app. Tech CU will not collect any information collected by the app. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the app is being used or not at all, depending on your selection. You can change your location permissions at any time in your device settings. You can learn more about Tech CU’s Privacy and Security practices here.
Card Manager: Fraud Prevention and Spending Controls
Take control of your credit and debit card with Card Manager. Receive alerts to help you prevent fraud and stick to a budget. Features include:
- On/Off Switch: Turn your card on or off instantaneously via our mobile app. If you lose your card, simply deactivate it.
- Locations: Compares your smartphone location to a merchant location for in-store purchases. Set up zip codes, cities, states or countries that your card will work in.
- Merchant types: Specify merchant categories for which transactions are allowed or denied (i.e. retail stores, gas, groceries, etc.).
- Transaction types: Control transaction types such as in-store, online, auto pay, cash withdrawals and more.
- Spending limits: Set a threshold amount for your card — especially helpful if you’re trying to stay on a budget.
To get started:
- Open the Tech CU app.
- Tap the top left corner to bring up the menu, and choose Card Manager.
- Activate Card Manager by downloading and allowing notifications.
- Go back to the app, tap the menu and select Card Manager.
- Set a secure passcode to enable direct access.
Take charge of your card activity.