Member of the press? We can help you report the facts quickly and accurately.
Contact us if you have questions or would like to schedule an interview; read more about Tech CU’s history and services below
Phone: (512) 964-3784
Tech CU Highlights
- More than $4 billion in assets, making it one of the twenty largest credit unions in California
- More than 130,000 members
- Founded on May 27, 1960
- Since 2017, S&P Global Market Intelligence has named Tech CU as one of the top three best-performing credit unions with assets of $500 million or more in California and one of the top 20 nationally
- Named a Best-in-State Credit Union by Forbes in 2021
We were founded on May 27, 1960, by a group of forward-thinking employees at Fairchild Semiconductor (the credit union was initially called Fairchild Semiconductor Federal Credit Union). By 1970, we had 6,320 members and $3.5 million in assets. The 1980s were a decade of great expansion in Silicon Valley and pivotal to our growth. We changed our name to “Technology Federal Credit Union” and opened our field of membership to employees of tech companies — growing assets to $50 million.
In 1996, we were among the first financial institutions in the country to have a web page. We again changed our name to “Technology Credit Union (Tech CU)” and began offering a unique “Anytime: Anywhere” delivery system allowing members to access their account information from home — via telephone or online.
Today, we are among the top 1 percent of the nation’s largest credit unions with 10 full-service branches throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and more than $3.5 billion in assets. We serve more than 130,000 members — including employees of such companies as Tesla, eBay, Applied Materials, Nvidia and Facebook. Search [email protected] Employers.
We consistently achieve high marks for our customer satisfaction and maintain a 5-star rating from Bauer Financial, the nation’s largest independent rating service for financial institutions.
2010 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95131-2018
(408) 451-9111 or (800) 553-0880 Main
San Jose, Campbell, Santa Teresa, Milpitas, Fremont, Dublin, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Palo Alto and San Francisco. Members can also visit our Virtual Branch. See branch addresses and directions.
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Marin, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Sacramento and San Joaquin Counties
- Employees of [email protected] Employers
- Family members of current Tech CU members
- Members of our many affiliated organizations including: the Financial Fitness Association, the Northern California Human Resource Association (NCHRA), or the San Jose State University Alumni Association (SJSUAA)
Products and Services
We provide innovative financial products for all stages of our members’ lives, including personal banking, investment services, retirement and financial planning, private banking, commercial lending and business banking.
- Personal Banking: Checking, savings, consumer loans (including: car loans, personal loans and lines of credit, credit cards and mortgage products — home loans, investment and apartment loans, construction loans, home equity lines of credit, home equity loans), wire transfers, Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Global Members services (including: CreditStart, new-to-the-country auto loans and credit cards, and international wires), Online Banking, Bill Pay, and Mobile Banking
- Commercial Lending and Business Banking: Checking, savings, CDs, money market, credit cards, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), wire transfers, loans and lines of credit (including: SBA, commercial real estate, construction and industrial, mixed-use, multi-family, wholesale mortgage, business lines of credit and asset-based lending), Online Banking, nonprofit banking, retirement planning, payroll processing and small business services
- Private Banking: Dedicated Private Banking Manager, exclusive loan products, estate planning and trust services, no minimum balance or monthly fees, Credit and Debit cards with customized spending and withdrawal levels, foreign currency exchange services, selection of complimentary services, seamless partnering with your current CPA and attorney advisors
- Tech Financial Management*: Retirement and financial planning, investment planning (stock option and tax-advantage investing), transfers/rollovers of retirement assets (IRA and 401(k)), funding a child’s education (including 529 College Savings Plans), estate planning, insurance for individuals and businesses
*Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker/dealer (member FINRAOpens a new window/SIPCOpens a new window). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Technology Credit Union (Tech CU) and Tech Financial Management are not registered as a broker/dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Tech Financial Management, and may also be employees of Tech CU. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from and not affiliates of Tech CU or Tech Financial Management.
Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency
||Not Credit Union Guaranteed
||Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations
||May Lose Value
The LPL Financial registered representatives associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.
Tech CU Logos
Have you ever wondered about our logo — what it is and how it was chosen? Some popular guesses are that it’s a gear or a pinwheel. But actually, it’s neither. It’s even received a couple of facelifts during our 50+ years in Silicon Valley. So, what is it?
We were founded in 1960 by a group of employees from Fairchild Camera and Instrument Corp (today’s Fairchild Semiconductor). Our logo represents the most important part of a camera — the aperture.
An aperture is the opening that controls the amount of light that passes through a lens. It’s what brings about the clarity and sharpness of a photograph — enabling a photographer to achieve the best possible results. Our founders chose this to symbolize their hopes and vision for a new credit union.
Just as the aperture adjusts to changing light to achieve the best possible results, if you’re open to possibilities and guidance, Tech CU will help you pursue your vision of financial success.
To download these logos please right click on the link and select "Save As" to save to your computer.
Opens a new window - High resolution color epsOpens a new window
Opens a new window - High resolution color jpgOpens a new window
Opens a new window - Gradient Color With TaglineOpens a new window
Opens a new window - Block Color With TaglineOpens a new window
Opens a new window - White No TaglineOpens a new window
Opens a new window - White With TaglineOpens a new window